Conference 2022 is back live and in person
Published 8th March, 2022
Join us on May 21st in Sheffield for a fantastic day of learning about Developmental Language Disorder (DLD). We continue the NAPLIC tradition of bringing you the very best in research and practice. This day is guaranteed to leave you inspired. Tickets are priced from £75 for in person attendance and £35 for livestream access.
The theme is ‘DLD: thinking of the future.’ 5 years on from the changes in terminology and criteria we are experiencing a big increase in awareness of DLD as well as an increase in the amount of research. At the conference we will bring together these two strands with insights into innovative practice.
Conference delegates will hear from:
- Claire Hoyle, parent of a child with DLD, and now Afasic parent engagement officer, who will talk about plans to develop greater support for families of children and young people with DLD. A much-needed provision.
- Saloni Krishnan, will be presenting her research into the brain basis of DLD. I expect this ground-breaking work will be new to many.
- Rosalind Merrick will present her work on how young people with DLD can be supported to work collaboratively. Innovative work to support inclusive practice.
- Nikki Botting will be addressing the issue of young adults with DLD. This is important work in a much-neglected area.
- Rose Brooks, a long term NAPLIC member, will be presenting her PhD on whole class vocabulary teaching and its impact on reading. This is innovative practice involved changing teaching practice to promote spoken language.
- Michelle St Clair will be addressing the issue of mental health in children and adolescents with DLD. Another hot topic!
- And in our practitioner slot, we have a teachers and Speech and Language Therapists from Westminster talking about whole system provision for children and young people with DLD.
We have kept the prices very low, as we want to encourage as many people as possible to join us. The Sheffield City Hall is a spacious venue, so there will be lots of room for everyone to be covid safe. The live stream option makes the conference accessible to those who cannot travel. In person and live stream delegates will both have access to the recording after the conference.
Book your tickets today! Bring a friend too and enjoy the day out! See you at #NAPLIC22Book now